The following guide is for getting started with Storegate Sync to synchronize your files between different computers.
The Storegate Sync program is requiered to be installed on your computer to be able to sync your files. All computers that you want to be able to sync your files to, will need Storegate Sync installed.
- Start by downloading Storegate Sync here: https://www.storegate.com/en/downloads/
Select the version that matches your operating system
- Run the downloaded file and follow the instructions.
- Once the installation is complete you will be able to log in. Enter your login details to Storegate and press Next
- Next box lets you choose if you want to sync all directories or only certain directories. In our example, we choose to sync everything. This can be changed later if you wish. Press Finish.
- Once installed and ready, you will get one or two Storegate icons in your explorer depending on your account. This is where you will insert and work with your files.
- To upload files / folders to Storegate Sync, select them and then drag and drop them straight into the Storegate folder in the explorer. Only the files in the Storegate folder will be synced.
- Once the file has been uploaded you will see a green “check” that tell you that the files is uploaded.
- All computers that now have Storegate Sync installed with your login data will sync the uploaded files.
Keep in mind that if you delete a file on a computer, they will disappear on all other computers as well. This also applies if the account you are using has common files. If you delete a file in the common files, that file will also be deleted on your colleagues computers.